Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Catching up!

I've been so busy during the holidays and after that I've sadly neglected this blog. I didn't do a lot of "other" lace work beyond tatting though, and in fact, this pretty much brings it up to date!

These covered rocks are a combination of tatting, crochet and needlelace. The needlelace is on the back side, the final finishing, but it's there, trust me! One has already gone to its new home and was well-received.

A little lace knitting, although the yarn was only sport-weight, not the fine silky kinds I usually associate with lace knitting, but it was also something I've been wanting to try for awhile. I gave this to my granddaughter. I forgot that I had knitted her some mittens last year in this yarn.

A lace friend and I have started meeting weekly to refresh and refine our bobbin lace skills. This is the start. Very simple, very ordinary, but this is the best I can do at the moment. Next week will get slightly more involved and hopefully each session after that for awhile.

So...at least next week I'll have some bobbinlace to show. If I don't get sidetracked!

No comments: