Sunday, March 20, 2011

(Sheepish Grin) I know....I said I was done with this pattern. I still don't have the next pricking printed and ready and it had been on my mind for a few days....what if I made all those diamonds in half stitch instead of cloth stitch?

So I decided to give it another go and instantly forgot to make the first diamond in half stitch as I was so intent on following the directions exactly! So then I thought I would make the last one cloth stitch too for symmetry. Well, I did something wrong and was undoing the weaving and decided to make it half stitch after all. As you can see, I do much better, with this pattern anyway, in half stitch. I actually think cloth stitch is easy but not in this combination.

I found 3 places where I forgot to twist before the stitch (Yay - I can recognize that!) and two of them are around the first diamond. The other is close to the side which is done in cloth stitch too. I also noted something "off" in the last diamond but I'm not sure what it is unless I crossed a pair inadvertently. Still, overall, I'm very pleased with this one. If I were to do this pattern in the future, I'd do all the diamonds in half stitch since they work out so much nicer.

No comments: