Friday, February 25, 2011

I uploaded the photos and then went away!

This was from an order I placed on Etsy. It inspired lots of ideas and they're tucked away for just the right moment.

Here's some vintage thread I bought at an antique store. It's brittle so I won't be using it. It was only $1.49 for the package and it included these labels which I found intriguing.

The labels were all rolled up and this is the backside. One is from DMC and the other is J & P Coates. Both apparently advertised their patterns in the label but you still had to buy the patterns.

Here's are identifying side of the labels for the thread. These companies have been around for a long time!

This was in another bag and the outer label, which the cashier took off to add up the price and list the booth, said it was handmade lace. I'm still trying to figure out if it really is. I suspect there is nylon in it but I'm afraid to pick at it too much as it's fragile. I do like the design though so if I can translate it into something else in lace, I will. If it is handmade, it's some kind of needlelace.

No comments: