Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I finally finished the Torchon Spider bookmark! I undid it twice and the last time I even had to completely rewind the bobbins as I had manipulated them so much they were all different lengths.

I was confused by the directions in the last bookmark. It says to always work from an angle and I just assumed it was the same angle but in this one, while you do work at an angle, it's from the sides to the center. I had no problem with the spiders, just the outlining and torchon part.

I started it last night and figured out what some of my prior problems were. Then at Sally's tonight, I picked up where I left off and for some reason, it was easier to see where my mistakes were and how to correct them. I'm really pleased with the way it ended up though I will be making a few more to get the finer points in my head.

I can see where I need to work on tension too but now that I understand the transition from one place to another, I think that will sort itself out too.

Happy Happy Dance here!


Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It's beautiful, Gina!

Gina said...

Thanks Diane. This one was frustrating to me and I found myself even as I on my way to bed getting aha! moments about how it was made. Next one will be easier! I hope.