Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I have to show this elegant embroidered silk purse that I bought from Karen Ruane of Contemporary Embroidery!









Exquisite, isn't it? Need I say more?


While I am most active with Lafayette Lacers, I do belong to a few other lace groups and one of them, L.A.C.E., Lacemakers of Illinois (link isn't working right now) has a beginner's bobbin lace program at this weekend's meeting so I'm preparing some of my unfinished bobbins.

I don't have a lot of bobbins and what I've bought were unfinished. I can use them that way but when I took the thread/ribbon dying class in May, I ended up using some of the dye on the unfinished bobbins so I really needed to finish them up, adding embellishment and varnishing them. I still need to spangle them. I also need to redo my pillow. I have three pillows in process of being made and haven't completed a single one! I really like the ethafoam I have so that's what I want to replace the wool in the one that is almost done.

Janice Blair will be leading the lesson and I took one last year at their Lace Day with her which I found very informative and helpful. Let's hope i haven't forgotten everything I learned!

No comments: