I didn't do a lot of variations on the Feather Stitch but I stitched enough to get the feel of it. I used the water soluable markers to draw some guiding lines but still found myself counting threads to get the spacing even. The curvy one was tricky. I didn't have the space to add more curvy lines with it but I think it would be good in different colors. The last one was a whim. I kept increasing the number of threads as I moved down to make the line larger. Then I went back and added French Knots, which I needed to practice for another project, and enjoyed seeing how it took shape.
I used the other half of the page I'd already embroidered with the Blanket Stitch. This is how the whole page looks now. I haven't figured out how to label the stitches. I didn't really leave room for that and am not sure I need to. I'm not good at embroidering words.
I divided the sections with plain sewing thread this time instead of perle cotton and when I took the center line out, it didn't leave traces of color. Yay!
The Nature of a Cloth Weave
3 hours ago