Tuesday, January 31, 2012

EEC - circles

I've been trying out different ways to make these. This one looks best so far but I'm still not happy with it. I will try some other thread. My hardest part is making the stitches even. They turned out well on the half portion edge but going all around wasn't so good. I did some with a true buttonhole stitch, with the ridged edge on the outside and some with it inside. It seems to look better if I keep the ridge on the outside. This one was done with a regular buttonhole (blanket) stitch. I tried marking a line to follow but I need a solid template instead of eyeballing it.

I'm having trouble keeping up with Karen's latest additions. I wish the text had more photos. I'll forget details from the movies and they are only available for a limited time, but I guess the basic idea is all I need, since I keep changing things anyway. I just haven't had the time or energy to pursue it this week. Tomorrow is my first half-day back to work. I kinda suspect I'll be sleeping the afternoons away the rest of this week. I don't think I've even checked out the latest TAST stitch this week!

2 comments:

deanna7trees said...

it looks good to me. i used 'floche' thread for the wrapping cloth stitches. it's comparable to the thread karen uses. it's wonderful.

Karen said...

sorry to hear you are struggling with this. I think it look fine and don't forget once you have 'edged' the outside of the circle it will look more 'finished'. Just to tell you also that the video is available to you forever....not limited at all.
Good luck with work and remember there are no deadlines, take your time and play as much as you want...no time limit AT ALL.