Tuesday, November 22, 2011

RPL

If you read my blog in the past year, you may have seen the last version of this. I made up the pattern five times on one strip and then completed the needlelace bits one after the other. It went really fast. And they were so pretty - so I'm doing it again.

This one is a stocking from Romanian Point Lace, Christmas Ornaments, Book #1 by Sylvia Murariu. I've done the tree and the trumpeting angel in the past.

For the most part, I find it just as easy to make up my own patterns but Sylvia has lots of good stitches in her publications. I like how she did this stocking, incorporting the bow in the outline.

I'm a little irritated with myself for misplacing the Waller book on stitches. It wasn't very long ago that I had it. WHAT did I do with it? Replacement costs are atrocious and I know I didn't lose it. It's here somewhere.

So I'm taking a break from some of my other laces and working on this for a bit. Taking the bells with me to an evening with a lace friend, in fact, tonight.

1 comment:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I hate when I misplace things. It's such an annoyance!

I really should get my RPL stuff out, especially the Christmas patterns. There's not enough time, though, so I'll just enjoy yours!