Thursday, June 16, 2011

I was excited to get this done last night and have time to tat too! I even went to bed early...which means "on time".


So the top corner is a little off, but I do have the whole top solidified. After looking at the other again, I guess it's not a big deal to have it open. I was also reading something in one of my books about how to start off so you don't have a split between threads.

I love the way the color in this shows up. I stopped being so concerned about getting the cloth stitch so straight up and down but I did make an effort to keep it lined up with the way the pairs initially came down from the previous part. The twists are meant to give it some space.

I'm anxious to get my new pillow, weekend after this, which will be flatter. Then I will take this one apart and flatten out that dome in the center. At the time, I thought that would be desireable and was worried about it not being high enough! I also have a roller pillow to finish up and a travel pillow to finish up. I think I will wait on the rose ground edging for that so I can perhaps do several inches. That means I'll have to redo the pricking. I guess I should do a sample first.

No comments: