Friday, November 19, 2010

I'm not sure how I missed it but 3 Stitch Files later, I discover that Sharon Boggon of Pin Tangle has started a free stitch files series. I like the way the pages are set up. There is also a group, though I probably won't join that. I'm far too busy in too many things right now. The first nine are free and after that, there will be a charge. Those will be the more advanced ones.

Also, here's a CQ Wiki with free stitch guides. I've got them printed out but not cut or the holes punched. I have no idea exactly how they work but I'll find out!

I found this free crochet heart pattern online and have been wanting to try it for a long time. Last night I crocheted it in Lizbeth size 20 Mountain Breeze. I'd link the pattern here but there were numerous mistakes so I need to contact the designer first and point them out for correction. I'm a long-time crocheter and kept thinking the first round had way too many stitches! Fortunately, the photo was clear enough for me to figure it out. It's a lovely pattern though.

Once I downloaded it here, I realized you had no idea what the scale was so I scanned it again with a large paperclip. The heart is only about 1 1/2 inches in either direction. Crocheting is so much faster than any other needleart I've done. I love the look of knitted lace in yarn much more than crocheted lace in yarn, but it's so slow! I was thinking this morning of knitting a lacy smock top for my new granddaughter....if I can find the pattern. I made one for my niece years ago and someone else. They are so sweet and delicate looking but very time-consuming when knitted.

I've been crocheting cord for some Romanian Point Lace projects. This is another crochet project that goes fast. You can easily crochet yards in an evening once you figure those first few stitches out. There are some excellent videos online now. Wish they'd been around when I was trying to figure it out! It was so frustrating because I've crocheted in thread for 30+ years but I couldn't get this simple cord started! It helps to actually see it in action. Slow motion action.

Same cord but I've wound it on a floss holder to keep it neat. I've been working on it during my lunch hours and for a few minutes in the evening.

Why oh why does Christmas seem like weeks and weeks away and then suddenly - it's only a few weeks? Thanksgiving is late this year so the time gap between that and Christmas is a bit shorter. No matter how I plan, it takes me by surprise. But I have several days off coming up and I plan to make PROGRESS!!!!

1 comment:

Ileanas Lace said...

Jag själv kan göra romanian point lace ,nyligen började jag med att presentera på min blogg alt information angående skapandet av sådana spets (jag har rumänska böcker som jag ärvde ifrån min mamma)och förstås egna arbete.Jag själv tycker om färgad variant! min blogg är: Om point lace spets och adhd
Du kan kolla in du är vällkommen!