Monday, August 30, 2010


Fat Cat embroidery at DMC Threads site.
My regular computer was having issues so it's now replaced. This is where I was when I left off posting! I'm really tied up in my tatting right now but I so want to embroider! I've also been preparing some fabric for some drawn thread work. Plus I'm borrowing books from I.O.L.I. library about needlelace and I'm getting inspired there. If only I had more time!

Now I get to show you this fabulous find in a thrift store! It's probably card-table size and in perfect condition, no stains or holes or anything. Only $5.00!!!!

This is a full view of the tablecloth. You can see the larger outside border and then the narrow inside border upon which the four pyramid shapes are made of the same small squares.

This is a kind side slanted view. I hope the pics enlarge enough to see the overall photo but also the details. I have close-ups though!

This is the small narrow border. I've placed my fingers there to help you see the scale of the squares. The fabric is like fine sheeting.

Here you can see the larger outer border. It's probably twice as wide as the narrower border. I'd guess the narrow squares to be around one inch each.

These are the squares that make up the pyramid shape. You can see how the designs alternate in the squares.

This is a close up of the bottom two rows of the pyramid. Again, I've used my fingers to give you an idea of the scale.

I am amazed that someone could pull such fine threads for this piece and then execute the stitching so precisely all around. I will definitely be using a larger thread count linen for my own stitching. I don't think my eyes could handle this! I wish I knew who the stitcher was and more about their thoughts as they made this.

No comments: