Sunday, July 18, 2010

I fully expected a red ribbon for this bag. I was totally surprised to hear it won the Reserve Champion in its category.

Is that red bright enough for you???? A more neutral background would have looked better, especially with the variety of items exhibited.

This is a piece of Romanian Point Lace I designed a year or so ago, inspired by some henna painting during my daughter-in-law's bridal shower. This is another lace I want to pursue more. I'm not big on tape lace but I do love this particular kind.

My needle lace leaves only got a red but I did not expect anything better. They're colorful but the stitching leaves much to be desired yet. (pun wasn't intended but certainly applicable!)

You can check out my tatted lace on my other blog, Threads of a Tatting Goddess. I won Sweepstakes with my tatted necklace and earrings and some blue ribbons on other tatted items.

1 comment:

Radka said...

Well done Gina! I knew why I liked the bag! I like the lace too. I don't know anything about tape lace, will have to find out.
Congratulations!